Three Assessors – Cat. II
- Project: Technical Assistance for the Evaluation Committee for the IPA 2014 Grant Scheme 'Strengthening the impact of the Civil Society in effective Justice Sector Reforms'
- Lot: BENEF 7
- Assignment Duration: 14.25 working days (project duration 9 months)
- Eligible Nationalities: All
- Project Reference: IPA/AP2014/2.3JUS/Lot 7/18
- Location: Home-based
- Estimated Start Date: April 2018
- Application Deadline: 22nd February 2018
Technical Assistance for the Evaluation Committee for the IPA 2014 Grant Scheme ‘Strengthening the impact of the Civil Society in effective Justice Sector Reforms’
The Objective of the contract is assisting the Contracting Authority in:
- selecting the best-quality Concept Notes and Full Application proposals for the Restricted Call for Proposals for IPA II 2014 Grant Scheme ”Strengthening the impact of the Civil Society in effective Justice Sector reforms”, in line with the criteria set in the Guidelines for applicants.
The specific objective of this assignment is to provide independent technical expertise as an assessor (non-voting member) to increase efficiency in the evaluation of project proposals for the grant scheme evaluation of the Restricted Call for Proposals for IPA II 2014 Grant Scheme ”Strengthening the impact of the Civil Society in effective Justice Sector reforms”, according to the rules of the Practical Guide to Contract procedures for EU external actions - PRAG
As per Commission Implementing decision of adopting a National programme for 2014 under the Instrument for Pre-accession assistance (IPA II), the final date for contracting for the respective Call for Proposal is 23 December 2018.
More specifically, the assessors will provide technical expertise to:
- Assess and recommended best quality Concept Notes for the above referenced IPA II 2014 Call for Proposals (Step1 – evaluation of Concept Notes) for passing on to the next stage of the evaluation, i.e. the evaluation of Full Applications (Step 2);
- Assess the best quality Full Application (technical and financial assessment) forms for the above referenced IPA II 2014 Call for Proposals (Step 2 – evaluation of Full Applications) for passing on to the final stage of the evaluation, i.e. the evaluation of the eligibility check (Step 3); and identify, based on the evaluation of the application forms, projects to be proposed for funding.
Three Assessors – Cat. II (14.25 working days)
Qualifications and skills
- Masters Degree Academic level (for reference on equivalent qualification see: EPSO website-Annex 1 (http://europa.eu/epso/doc/diplomes-fortheweb_en.pdf) in the field of law, political studies, social sciences, economic/financial management studies, humanities, public administration or equivalent experience of three (3) years above the minimum general professional experience requested below.
General professional experience
- At least six (6) years of relevant working experience, in the area of rule of law and human rights, civil society, participative decision making, EU policies, good governance, development studies.
Specific professional experience
- Experience as evaluator/assessor in at least three (3) evaluations of grant scheme projects from which at least one (1) according to rules and procedures applying to EU external aid contracts financed from the European Union budget (Practical Guide to Contract procedures for EU external actions);
- Experience as evaluator/assessor in at least two (2) grant scheme evaluations supporting civil society organisations (CSOs).
If you meet the requirements and would be interested in applying for this role please email your CV in EC format to firstname.lastname@example.org
WE ARE ONLY ABLE TO RESPOND TO CANDIDATES WHO MEET THE SPECIFICATIONS