Team Leader Cat I, EU-Mongolia Economic Governance for Equitable Growth Project
- Project: Final Evaluation of the Service Contract - EU-Mongolia Economic Governance for Equitable Growth Project (EG4EG)
- Lot: SIEA 5
- Assignment Duration: 46 working days (project duration 360 days)
- Eligible Nationalities: All
- Project Reference: 2018/401506 - Version 1
- Location: Mongolia + internal field visits
- Estimated Start Date: 4th March 2019
- Application Deadline: 31 January 2019
Final Evaluation of the Service Contract - EU-Mongolia Economic Governance for Equitable Growth Project (EG4EG)
Systematic and timely evaluation of its programmes and activities is an established priority of the European Commission3. The focus of evaluations is on the assessment of achievements, the quality and the results of Actions in the context of an evolving cooperation policy with an increasing emphasis on result-oriented approaches and the contribution towards the implementation of the SDGs.
From this perspective, evaluations should look for evidence of why, whether or how these results are linked to the EU intervention and seek to identify the factors driving or hindering progress.
Evaluations should provide an understanding of the cause and effect links between: inputs and activities, and outputs, outcomes and impacts. Evaluations should serve accountability, decision making, learning and management purposes.
The main objectives of this evaluation are to provide the relevant services of the European Union, the interested stakeholders and the wider public with:
- an overall independent assessment of the past performance of the Economic Governance for Equitable Growth (EG4EG), paying particular attention to its final results measured against its expected objectives; and the reasons underpinning such results;
- key lessons learned, conclusions and related recommendations in order to improve current and future Actions.
This evaluation will serve to understand the performance of the Action, its enabling factors and those hampering a proper delivery of results in order to support the Government to improve its development policy and PFM capacities.
Team Leader, Cat.I
- Education: Master’s Degree in law, Economics, Political Science or other discipline relevant to the assignment.
- Professional experience of at least 20 years or equivalent professional experience of at least 30 years in specific sector (preferably Law, Economics or Public Sector), if the candidates do not possess a master’s Degree in relevant field.
- Professional experience of at least 15 years at international level in monitoring and evaluation procedures and methodologies applied to the various modalities of implementation, instruments and channels of cooperation/aid delivery including programme/project management.
- Professional experience in at least 15 projects at senior level within a team of international and national consultants.
- 6 years’ experience in evaluation of development cooperation projects.
- Experience of minimum 5 numbers of Projects as the Team Leader of an Evaluation Team.
- Knowledge of technical and/or financial programme management as well as of Project Cycle Management (PCM) and Logical Framework Approaches analysis (proven by at least 5 experiences in the course of the last 10 years);
- Prior experience in conducting an evaluation for development and cooperation interventions in the good governance and public financial management sector.
- In-depth understanding of international cooperation, especially bilateral/multilateral relationships.
- Strong institutional network with significant experience in working with relevant ministries and stakeholders.
- Be computer literate in standard software applications.
- Proven experience with EU-funded programmes is desirable.
- English a level C2;
- Knowledge of Mongolia is desirable.
If you meet the requirements and would be interested in this role please apply via the following link to the DAI website, including your CV in EC format
WE ARE ONLY ABLE TO RESPOND TO CANDIDATES WHO MEET THE SPECIFICATIONS