Senior Public Finance Management Specialist
- Project: Support to Public Finance Policy Reforms
- Lot: SIEA 5
- Assignment Duration: 5 months
- Eligible Nationalities: All
- Project Reference: 2018/399273 - Version 1
- Location: Moldova
- Estimated Start Date: 1st October 2018
- Application Deadline: 8th August 2108
Support to Public Finance Policy Reforms
Systematic and timely evaluation of its programmes and activities is an established priority of the European Commission. The focus of evaluations is on the assessment of achievements, the quality and the results of Programme in the context of an evolving cooperation policy with an increasing emphasis on result-oriented approaches. From this perspective, evaluations should look for evidence of why, whether or how these results are linked to the EU intervention and seek to
identify the factors driving or hindering progress.
The global objective of this evaluation is to provide the relevant services of the European Union, the interested stakeholders and the wider public with:
- an overall independent assessment of the past performance of the “Support to Public Finance Policy Reforms in Moldova”, paying particular attention to its results measured against its objectives;
- key lessons and recommendations in order to improve future Programmes.
In particular, this evaluation will serve the following specific objectives: to understand the performance of the Programme, its enabling factors and those hampering a proper delivery of results as to inform the planning of the future EU interventions and Programme(s) in the same sector.
The evaluation aims at assessing:
- to what extent PFPR programme has achieved its expected results, notably through contributing to the implementation of the partner government’s Public Finance Management Reform Strategy 2013-2020 sector strategies by providing opportunities for the improvement of national policy processes and policy implementation.
- The evaluation should also specifically analyse how the budget support programme has contributed (or not) to strengthen PFM systems, including improved transparency within government systems, improved Domestic Revenues Mobilisation and stronger accountability.
- The evaluation will also pay attention to other aid modalities (basket/common funds, projects), in order to assess the complementarity and synergy (or discrepancy) of these modalities with budget support.
- It should also assess the impact of the budget support operation(s) on the M&E systems in the sectors supported by budget support. Budget support should aim to strengthen the monitoring systems in the sectors it supports, in alignment with the existing national level monitoring and evaluation systems, and contribute to the improved availability and credibility of data. Availability of the robust progress reports by the government, providing results information against targets set under the strategy, and the use of these reports to facilitate informed policy dialogue between the different stakeholders (CSOs, SAI,Parliament, donors) and evidence based decision making is one indicator of the capacity of the government in the area of M/E.
Expert II Public Finance Management Specialist, Category I
Qualifications and skills:
At least Master’s Degree in the field of economy, public finance management, public administration or other field relevant to the assignment or, in its absence, 5 years of equivalent professional experience in the fields mentioned above on top of the general professional experience specified below,;
General professional experience:
At least 12 years’ experience in public finance management;
Specific professional experience:
- At least 5 years of experience in managing and/or implementing and/or monitoring and/or evaluating budget support in public finance management;
- Previous experience in projects implemented in the current IPA or ENI countries will be an advantage.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English;
- Working knowledge of Romanian or Russian will be an asset.
If you meet the requirements and would be interested in this role please apply via the following link to the DAI website, including your CV in EC format
WE ARE ONLY ABLE TO RESPOND TO CANDIDATES WHO MEET THE SPECIFICATIONS