Senior Expert (TL) in Development Cooperation/Capacity Building
- Project: Final (ex post) Evaluation of Technical Assistance to OCTA
- Lot: SIEA 3
- Assignment Duration: 6 months
- Eligible Nationalities: All
- Project Reference: 2018/399120 - Version 1
- Location: UK, France, Germany, Belgium and Netherlands
- Estimated Start Date: September 2018
- Application Deadline: 10/8/2018 (noon) UK time
Final (ex post) Evaluation of Technical Assistance to OCTA
This final evaluation, which has been foreseen in the Technical and Administrative Provisions of the project’s Financing Agreement (see point 4.2 of Annex II to the Financing Agreement PTOREG/FED/21998), will provide the decision-makers of the beneficiary countries (OCTs), the relevant external co-operation services of the European Commission and the wider public with sufficient information to:
- Make an overall independent assessment about the performance of the project/programme (i.e. the technical assistance to OCTA), paying particularly attention to the impact of the project actions against its objectives;
- Identify key lessons learned and propose practical recommendations/corrections for follow-up actions for future projects of similar nature including recommendations for potential adjustments;
- Evaluate the adequacy/weaknesses of the management structure and the methodology chosen for the implementation of the project.
- Assess the sustainability of the activities undertaken and/or initiated especially concerning the identified results of the project.
Team leader (Category I)
Qualifications and skills:
- At minimum a Master’s Degree Academic level in the field of social sciences, economic sciences, or engineering.
- A post-degree specialisation in thematic issues related to development cooperation, institutional relations and capacity building.
- Full command (excellent working knowledge and report writing) of English and French.
General and specific professional experience:
- At least 12 years of experience in the field of development cooperation projects in particular sound experience in preparation, management and evaluation of projects.
- Proved experience in institutional relations and capacity building.
- At least 5 years of experience as team leader / project manager in OCTs would be an added advantage.
- Solid and proved practical work experience with principles and working methods of EC aid delivery methods and cycle of operations, in particular evaluation methodology.
If you meet the requirements and would be interested in this role please apply via the following link to the DAI website, including your CV in EC format
WE ARE ONLY ABLE TO RESPOND TO CANDIDATES WHO MEET THE SPECIFICATIONS