Senior Advisor - EDF/Expert in EU Development Assistance
- Project: Technical Assistance to support SADC Secretariat on EU Development Cooperation
- Lot: SIEA 3
- Assignment Duration: 270 days
- Eligible Nationalities: All
- Project Reference: 2018/399159 - Version 1
- Location: Botswana
- Estimated Start Date: 1st September 2018
- Application Deadline: 3rd August 2018
Technical Assistance to support SADC Secretariat on EU Development Cooperation
The objective of this assignment is to strengthen the SADC-EU cooperation relationship and to effectively contribute to SADC’s engagement with the European Union to enhance implementation of the revised Regional Indicative Strategic Development Plan (RISDP).
The specific objectives of the assignment include the following:-
- Engage with SADC Secretariat to provide speedy, effective and efficient quality policy reactions and strategic guidance concerning the preparation and implementation of EU financed programmes;
- Engage with SADC Secretariat to enhance the policy dialogue with the EU, especially in relation to programming and implementation of co-operation programmes;
- Engage with SADC Secretariat to enhance resource mobilization through effective use of EU instruments, regional funding initiatives and development bank financing modalities;
- Engage with SADC Secretariat to oversee the implementation of EU-funded and supported programmes;
- Engage with SADC Secretariat to strengthen SADC visibility and corporate image with the EU, through improved corporate and thematic visibility and communication strategic interventions at regional and international platforms.
Senior Advisor – EDF
- Preferably a Master’s Degree in the field of Political Science, Law, Economics,Development Studies or other related studies.
OR in the absence of a formal Master’s Degree in the required field: relevant work experience of at least 10 years;
- At least 6 years of professional experience in the area of EU development assistance and/or any other relevant field.
- Have proven working experience in drafting strategy documents, preferably in an EU or regional integration context;
- Have proven working experience in establishing and conducting multi-stakeholder coordination and/or policy dialogues.
- Have proven work experience in the area of management of the EU development financial resources.
- Have proven previous experience in dealing with EDF rules and procedures, as well as EU financial instruments.
- Proven experience in dealing with Regional Economic Communities (RECs) within the African Context constitutes an advantage.
- Fluency in written and spoken English;
- Excellent communication and analytical skills;
- Sound knowledge of regional integration policies and strategies;
- Proven working experience in the SADC region is an asset;
- Ability to communicate in French or Portuguese is an asset.
If you meet the requirements and would be interested in this role please apply via the following link to the DAI website, including your CV in EC format
WE ARE ONLY ABLE TO RESPOND TO CANDIDATES WHO MEET THE SPECIFICATIONS