Senior Expert in Development Studies, Criminal Justice or Sociology
- Project: Monitoring and reporting framework for the Justice, Security, Accountability & Transparency Project
- Lot: SIEA 3
- Assignment Duration: 35 working days
- Eligible Nationalities: All
- Project Reference: 2019/406846 - Version 1
- Location: Kingston, Jamaica
- Estimated Start Date: 10th June 2019
- Application Deadline: 30th April 2019
Monitoring and reporting framework for the Justice, Security, Accountability & Transparency Project
The Justice, Security, Accountability and Transparency (JSAT) Project focuses on supporting a number of key state and non-state institutions that are instrumental to breaking the cycle of
organised crime and the administration of justice in Jamaica by supporting their capacity to discharge their duties and strengthening the governance and accountability relations between them.
The Project also addresses crosscutting issues such as good governance and human rights as these are central to the successful outcome of the Project’s activities.
In this regard, the Project’s purpose is to improve processes and capacities within the security sectors to facilitate the reduction of case backlogs and corruption and to improve prosecutorial capacity particularly relating to organized crime including money laundering.
The project’s implementation period spans May 2014 – May 2020.
One Senior Expert (Category 2) is required for 35 working days.
- A university degree preferably at post-graduate level in Development Studies, Criminal Justice, Sociology, or in any other discipline relevant to the assignment. In the absence of a post graduate degree, equivalent professional experience of eight (8) years is required.
General Professional Experience
- At least six (6) years professional experience in social sector development and management preferably in developing countries. Candidates without a post graduate degree must have eight (8) years of professional experience in social sector development and management preferably in developing countries
- Experience in the English-speaking Caribbean will be considered an advantage.
Specific Professional Experience
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in developing and monitoring performance indicators for public sector development policies, programmes and projects preferably in the social sector.
- Candidates without a post graduate degree must have five (5) years’ experience in developing and monitoring performance indicators for public sector development policies, programmes and projects preferably in the social sector
- Training and expertise in quantitative and qualitative research methods and analytical tools, data interpretation and utilization.
- Excellent communication, facilitation, organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to establish, maintain and coordinate effective working relationships with diverse stakeholders.
- Ability to work within a team under pressure and within strict deadlines.
- Knowledge and experience in the use of Microsoft Office and project management software.
- A high level of proficiency in English – spoken and written.
If you meet the requirements and would be interested in this role please apply via the following link to the DAI website, including your CV in EC format
WE ARE ONLY ABLE TO RESPOND TO CANDIDATES WHO MEET THE SPECIFICATIONS