Public Sector Evaluation Research Expert - Category II
- Project: Evaluation of Cost-recovery Revenye Generation of the NSG Funding Model
- Lot: SIEA 6
- Assignment Duration: 3 Months
- Eligible Nationalities: All
- Project Reference: 2018/399411 - Version 1
- Location: Africa
- Estimated Start Date: 27th August 2018
- Application Deadline: 1st August 2018
Description of Project
The overall objective of the project of which this contract will be a part is as follows:
- To contribute towards building a capable state, responsive to the needs of all its citizens and the promotion of national interest, accountability and transparency in service delivery, and utilising public resources in an effective and efficient way.
The service provider shall achieve the following specific objectives (SOs) for this assignment:
- SO 1 - Undertake an evaluation of the current cost-recovery, revenue generation and funding model in order to determine its effectiveness, cost-efficiency, cost-recovery, competitiveness and growth potential as well as other key considerations outlined in Section 2.3, within the public sector environment.
- SO 2 - Review and capture the NSG business model and consider the alignment between the business model and the funding model of the NSG
- SO 3 Provide recommendations for modification and improvement of the NSG business and funding model in order to promote sustainability and financial viability of the organization
- SO 4 - Provide for recommendations on the potential for collaboration, partnerships and other forms of revenue generation to contribute to the NSG funding model
Experience and Qualifications required
Compulsory: A Masters' degree or equivalent qualification in the disciplines related to the Lot 6 (Innovative Financing for Development, preferably in public administration, public service or evaluation and research). In the absence of a Masters' degree, a Bachelors' degree or equivalent qualification with at least 3 additional years' experience over and above the 6 years' experience stipulated in the fields listed above will be considered.
Specific professional Experience
- Compulsory - At least 6 years' experience in providing advice and support on public sector monitoring and evaluation.
- Compulsory - At least 2 experiences in providing public sector advice to Government Institutions.
- Compulsory : At least 2 experiences in conducting research and evaluations within the public sector.
- Preferred : At least 2 experiences providing advice and support in the education and training sector on issues related to cost recovery models.
- Preferred - Experience within the South African public sector providing technical advice.
- Preferred – Experience in supporting schools of governance or schools of administration in South Africa or in other countries.
Compulsory: Good communication and facilitation skills
Compulsory: Excellent writing skills in English
If you meet the requirements and would be interested in this role please apply via the following link to the DAI website, including your CV in EC format
WE ARE ONLY ABLE TO RESPOND TO CANDIDATES WHO MEET THE SPECIFICATIONS