Private Sector Development /Innovation expert (Cat II)
- Project: Action Title: 'Reform of the enabling business environment"
- Lot: SIEA 5
- Assignment Duration: 2 years
- Eligible Nationalities: all
- Project Reference: 2018/402117 - Version 1
- Location: Jordan
- Estimated Start Date: January 2019
- Application Deadline: 17th December 2018
Action Title: ‘Reform of the enabling business environment"
- The overall objective of this assignment is to assess the progress in meeting the set targets under the third, fourth and fifth tranches of the Sector Budget Support programme “Reform of the Enabling Business Environment” and to advice the EU Delegation on the release of the payments attributed to the results.
Specific objectives are to develop a clear assessment of Jordan’s achievement of the 3rd, 4th and 5th tranche’s specific reform benchmarks.
The experts shall have the following main objectives:
- To collect all compliance documents concerning the achievement of the specific reform benchmarks;
- To analyse factually the conformity of the compliance documentation obtained with the specifications and requirements defined in the Technical and Administrative Provisions (TAPs) and ascertain whether the benchmarks are met;
- To analyse whether the public policy eligibility criteria continues to be satisfied;
- To contribute to maintain a high level of clarity, and a shared understanding by all stakeholders, regarding the steps required to ensure that the benchmarks are met.
The main requested services are as follows:
Within the General Conditions, the expert will assess the eligibility criterion “ Satisfactory progress in the implementation of the Jordan 2025 and continued credibility and relevance thereof ” by:
Analysing credibility and relevance of the Jordan 2025;
Providing a public policy assessment in line with Annex 3 of the EU Budget Support Guidelines
To collect and transmit all the relevant information and compliance documentation, related to the assessment of the specific reform benchmarks of 3rd, 4th and 5th tranches.
To analyse factually and on an exclusively “met” or “non-met” binary basis, the conformity of the compliance documentation for the specific reform benchmarks stipulated in the TAPs annexed to these terms of reference.
Reports must be written in a simple and clear language so that non-expert readers can understand clearly what has or has not been achieved.
Expert 3 - Private Sector Development /Innovation expert (Cat II)
Qualification and skills
- Master Degree, or equivalent level of education, or professional qualification, in law, economics, business administration or finance;
- Excellent English language skills, both spoken and written
- Knowledge of Arabic language is an asset
- PC literacy
- Excellent writing and communication skills
General professional experience
- Minimum of 6 years of professional experience in assessing programme aiming to facilitate investment, innovation as well as trade related assistance and enhance competitiveness for SMEs.
Specific professional experience
- The expert should have good practical experience assessing competitiveness enabling programmes, favouring result based approaches
- The expert should have good practical experience in issues pertaining domestic and foreign investment for SME.
- The expert should have good practical experience in assessing policies and measures to facilitate the private sector take up of innovation.
If you meet the requirements and would be interested in this role please apply via the following link to the DAI website, including your CV in EC format
WE ARE ONLY ABLE TO RESPOND TO CANDIDATES WHO MEET THE SPECIFICATIONS