Law expert and Team Leader
- Project: Mid-term evaluation decision ENPI/2008/019622 'Modernisation of the Lebanese Justice'
- Lot: BENEF 7
- Assignment Duration: 30 working days
- Eligible Nationalities: All
- Project Reference: 2017/388307 - Version 1
- Location: Lebanon (Beirut, Jounieh, Jdeideh, Saida, Tripoli)
- Estimated Start Date: 30 October 2017 (120 days November 2017 - February 2018)
- Application Deadline: 3rd October 2017
Mid-term evaluation decision ENPI/2008/019622 ‘Modernisation of the Lebanese Justice’
The evaluation shall focus on the following results / activities of the technical and administrative provisions (TAPs) of the related Financing Agreement:
- C1. Automation of Beirut Courts
- C2. Access to Justice: activities related to (i) the development of the capacities of the MoJ (i.e. assistance provided to the MoJ for the implementation of the Master Plan) and (ii) the access to information (i.e. support the establishment of a help desk at the Beirut Court, support the establishment of a help desk unit at the General Prosecutor’s office and development of the legal database and provision of technical training for its use).
Expert 1: Law expert and Team Leader, category II
Qualifications and skills:
- Education at least Master’s degree in law or, in its absence, 9 years of relevant general professional experience as specified below.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Facilitation capacities to work effectively with government counterparts in complex environments and coordinate positively with various stakeholders, including Ministries, donors and NGOs.
General professional experience:
- At least six (6) years of experience in the expertise common to all lots and in the following technical area(s) related to lot 7, area A.3.7 with focus on legal IT.
- Previous similar work experiences in EU or non EU countries required.
Specific professional experience:
- Knowledge and experiences in enhancement and development of the judiciary sector through the utilization of a comprehensive information and communication technologies (ICT) framework.
- Knowledge and experiences of judicial dossier / document management, archiving, decision making and final rulings.
- Knowledge and experience in leading a team under similar assignments.
- Excellent command of English (spoken and written) is compulsory.
- Working knowledge of Arabic (spoken and written) is compulsory.
- Working knowledge of French (spoken and written) would be an asset.
If you meet the requirements and would be interested in applying for this role please email your CV in EC format to firstname.lastname@example.org
WE ARE ONLY ABLE TO RESPOND TO CANDIDATES WHO MEET THE SPECIFICATIONS