Key expert 3: Expert for Industrialization and Value Addition; Category I
- Project: To support the Mid-term Review of Uganda's 2nd National Development Plan (NDP-2) and evaluation of NDP-1
- Lot: SIEA 2
- Assignment Duration: 90 Working Days
- Eligible Nationalities: All
- Project Reference: 2018/399295 - Version 1
- Location: Uganda
- Estimated Start Date: 1st September 2018
- Application Deadline: 1st August 2018
Description of Project:
To contribute to the Government of Uganda’s successful completion of the Mid-Term Review (MTR) of the 2nd National Development Plan (NDP2) and the end evaluation of the 1st National Development Plan (NDP-1).
- To assess progress made against the NDP-1 and NDP-2 objectives in the thematic areas of Infrastructure (1), Employment (2) Industrialization and Value Addition (3), Minerals, Oil and Gas (4) and Tourism (5).
- To identify evidence-based, justified and detailed short-term (NDP-2), medium-term (NDP-3) and long-term (10 years NDP) adjustments and actions.
The Consultants’ services will indicatively include but not necessarily be limited to the following:
- Validate or update the specific organization & methodology, including work-plan, during the inception phase.
- Identify, review and analyse reference documents that are relevant to the NDP2 MTR and the NDP1 end evaluation.
- Undertake fieldwork to collect data and carry out data analysis to inform the respective assessment.
- Conduct meetings with key stakeholders at various levels.
- Conduct consultation and validation workshops to inform the outputs of the assignment.
- Prepare an inception report
- Prepare for each (5) thematic area a main report and a synthesis report.
- Participate and take a leading role in the Government of Uganda’s dissemination conference(s) of the final reports
- Establish a web-based repository of working documents to allow NPA to monitor timely progress made against the assignment’s outputs.
- Analyse for each of the 4 thematic areas outlined in chapter 2.2 the (a) current situation, (b) progress made against the NDP targets and © public and private financing against NDP projections.
- Conduct for each thematic area an inventory (status) of public investment projects implemented during NDP.
- Assess community-level experiences and perceptions.
- Analyse for each thematic area main drivers and opportunities.
- Identify for each thematic area the factors that have proved critical or hindered progress under both NDP-1 and NDP-2.
- Assess for each thematic area the extent to which NDP-1 and NDP-2 have guided policies, strategic planning, budgeting and actions.
- Assess for each thematic area the impacts (positive and negative) of policy, planning and budget actions under the NDP-1 and NDP-2 periods.
- Assess the institutional functions linked with each thematic area under a programme-based planning and budgeting approach and provide the necessary adjustments to facilitate and enhance compliance between the NDP and the programme-based approaches.
Apply for each thematic area the applicable OECD DAC Evaluation Criteria to NDP-1 and NDP-2.
- Assess the efficiency, effectiveness and sustainability of the implementation and mechanisms for each thematic area under both the NDP-1 and the NDP-2 and outline the necessary improvements.
- Analyse for each thematic area lessons learned during the NDP implementation.
- Identify for each thematic area international best practices relevant to Uganda.
- Identify and justify for each thematic area priority lessons learned and recommendations for the medium- (NDP-3) and long-term (10-year) NDP.
- Provide for each thematic area evidence-/best practices-based guidance on alternative policies, strategic priorities and actions to achieve better results within Uganda’s setting.
- Provide for each thematic area medium-term (2020/21-2024/25) and long-term (2020/21- 2029/30) estimates of required results and indicative budget requirements.
Experience and Qualifications required
Qualifications and skills
- Advanced University degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in business administration, economics, private sector development, trade, economic policy, or any other closely related subject.
- Excellent English communication and writing skills (C-2 level proficiency).
General professional experience
- At least 12 years of successful international working experience in the area of national industrialization and value addition strategies.
Specific professional experience
- Profound working experience with evaluating national or sector-level strategies and investment plans for industrial development and value addition.
- Profound knowledge of the state of industrialization and value addition in the Ugandan economy.
If you meet the requirements and would be interested in this role please apply via the following link to the DAI website, including your CV in EC format
External CWS using Project-Proposal UK Application Form
Link to job posting: https://chm.tbe.taleo.net/chm04/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=DAINC&cws=1&rid=3828
WE ARE ONLY ABLE TO RESPOND TO CANDIDATES WHO MEET THE SPECIFICATIONS