Description of Project
The global objective of the mission would be:
a) To contribute to the effective and timely preparation of the Nigerian component of the West Africa competitiveness programme.
b) To ensure that the contractual agreement - PAGODA with GIZ - reflects the alignment of all the stakeholders to ensure the optimization of the implementation of the measures proposed under the programme
The specific objectives will be:
I. To review the value chains selected for the Nigerian component of the West Africa competitiveness programme, confirm their relevance and identify specific interventions per sector as well as horizontal measures in line with the outputs selected for the programme.
II. To facilitate and moderate the discussions with stakeholders to fine-tune and validate the actions proposed;
III. To prepare the description of the action and budget to be included in the PAGODA agreement between EU Delegation to Nigeria and GIZ.
The experts will provide a value chain analysis report summarizing the analysis including when feasible the following: • Analysis of selected value chains with quantitative & qualitative description
• Value chain mapping of actors, process stages, monetary flows, governance and power structures, information and knowledge flows from input, production, processing to consumption level.
• Economic analysis, production and market costs and revenues, value additions and profit margin along the chain including income and employment.
• Production pockets area and major market centres identification, growth potential, market trends (supply and demand) including cross-border trade (export and import) and competitiveness of selected value chain.
• Identify constraints and opportunities at each stages of value chain and leverage points.
• Recommend the adequate actions from those selected by the programme to implement in each of the value chains selected;
• Recommend focal states for intervention;
• List of potential business partners, intermediary organisations and interested to collaborate with the project
• List of stakeholders consulted and list of References (studies and other literature used)
• Agreed draft of the description of the action and Budget for the PAGODA and annexes
Experience and Qualifications required
Advanced degree (M.Sc., M.A, Ph.D. or equivalent) in economics, industrial economics, international trade, finance, management, agriculture, public sector, private sector development and competitiveness related disciplines or equivalent professional experience. First university degree with significant years of experience (minimum 8 years) in relevant sectors may be considered instead of the advanced degree.
• Experience of 6 or more years in conducting value chain analysis and development (VCD).
• Proven experience of value chain, sub sector analysis, good understanding of private sector and trade policies including market dynamics demonstrated by having been team member in at least 3 similar studies
• prior experience of working in the domain of competitiveness, private sector and value chain development
• Experience in working with various Government organizations and institutions across different states, in the identification, formulation and implementation of Value-chain development programmes
• Demonstrated experience and familiarity with EDF procedures and drafting of contractual documents
• Excellent co-ordination, negotiation and mediation skills Language skills
The expert is required to have a very good command of English both written and oral.
If you meet the requirements and would be interested in applying for this role please email your CV in EC format to email@example.com
WE ARE ONLY ABLE TO RESPOND TO CANDIDATES WHO MEET THE SPECIFICATIONS
Lot: BENEF 1 | Location: Paraguay (Asuncion and San Lorenzo)
Lot: BENEF 7 | Location: Thailand (Bangkok based with visits to various locations)
Lot: BENEF 7 | Location: Armenia
Lot: BENEF 7 | Location: Armenia
|BENEF||EC Com 2015||EIB||AusAid||New Zealand Aid|
|Lot 1||Lot 1 Evaluation||Lot 5||DFAT||MFAT|