Expert 1: PFM Expert/Team Leader
- Project: Support to Public Finance Management
- Lot: SIEA 5
- Assignment Duration: 10 months
- Eligible Nationalities: All
- Project Reference: 2018/399395 - Version 1
- Location: Azerbaijan
- Estimated Start Date: September 2018
- Application Deadline: 30 July 2018
Support to Public Finance Management
The purpose of this project is to support modernizing Public Financial Management Reforms in Azerbaijan.
The specific objectives of this assignment are:
- To review and report on progress in PFM reforms since early 2017
- To update and complete the PFM action plan 2015-2017
- To consolidate the updated PFM action plan 2015-2017 as well as the MTBF action plan led by WB/SECO into a single comprehensive PFM Action Plan for 2018 – 2020 and for 2020 – 2025
- To develop TORs for future EU support in the implementation of (part of) the updated PFM action plan
Expert 1: PFM Expert/Team leader
Qualification and skills
- Education at least Master’s Degree in the field of assignment or, in its absence, 5 years of relevant professional experience above the general professional experience required below.
- Fluent in written and spoken English (competence at least 1 on a scale of 1 to 5 (1=excellent; 5=basic));
- Knowledge of Azerbaijani, Turkish or Russian would be an asset.
General professional experience
- At least 12 years of experience in the sector related to the Lot
Specific professional experience
- At least 5 years of experience in PFM reform, preferably in several PFM dimensions (e.g. budget management, internal audit, financial control);
- Experience in applying the PEFA methodology and writing PEFA reports proven by at least one project reference;
- Synthesis capacity and ability to draft clear and concise reports, proven by one sample report related to public finance management, where the expert was the lead author – the sample report should form part of the offer.
- Experience in Eastern Europe, Caucasus and Central Asia would be an asset.
If you meet the requirements and would be interested in this role please apply via the following link to the DAI website, including your CV in EC format
WE ARE ONLY ABLE TO RESPOND TO CANDIDATES WHO MEET THE SPECIFICATIONS