- Project: Support to the Ministry of Economy of the Republic of Belarus on Analysis of the Potential GDP and Output Gap Estimations
- Lot: SIEA 2
- Assignment Duration: 120 days
- Eligible Nationalities: All
- Project Reference: 2018/398821 - Version 1
- Location: Belarus
- Estimated Start Date: 3rd September 2018
- Application Deadline: 15 July 2018
Support to the Ministry of Economy of the Republic of Belarus on Analysis of the Potential GDP and Output Gap Estimations
To support the Ministry of Economy of the Republic of Belarus on analysis of the potential GDP and Output Gap Estimations, the experts are expected to:
- Provide lecture and workshop exercises on practical application of econometric models of GDP growth decomposition and output gap calculations among governmental authorities involved in policymaking.
- Examine various methods of output gap estimation and forecasting to justify most balanced socio-economic development scenario.
- Elaborate guidelines for selection of preferred method based on assigned tasks knowing strengths and weaknesses of different univariate and multivariate methods.
- Practice applications of non-structural univariate methods for the estimation of potential output to Belarusian data (The Hodrick and Prescott filter, the Baxter and King filter, the Beveridge-Nelson decomposition, the unobserved components decomposition, etc.)
- Practice application of multivariate methods for the estimation of potential output and cycle extraction techniques to Belarusian data (the multivariate Hodrick-Prescott filter, the multivariate Kalman filter, etc.), namely expansion of univariate methods with Okun’s law, Phillips curve, NAIRU, and business-cycle indicators.
- Practice application of structural approaches (methods based on an aggregate production function)
- To prepare guidelines for Belarusian policymakers for application of output gap estimation and forecasting, economic growth decomposition.
Experts should have a background in principles, methods and interpretations of economic fluctuations in order to make correct assumptions and build efficient model corresponding to the current political and economic targets
At least Master’s Degree, preferably in economics or other relevant field or, in its absence, at least 5 additional years of professional experience on top of the 12 required under general professional experience above;
- At least 5 years of specific professional experience in area of macroeconomic policy, macroeconomic analysis and modelling, econometrics;
- Experience in the use of univariative and multivarative methods;
- Experience in working in EViews 9.0/10.0
- Experience in working with other econometric software would be an asset.
*One * candidate should have the following:
- Experience in the research or publications on the concepts of potential GDP, output gap and business cycle fluctuations
The *second * should have:
- Experience in applied econometrics in forecasting GDP, trade, inflation, etc.
Fluency in both written and spoken English;
Knowledge of Russian would be an asset.
If you meet the requirements and would be interested in this role please apply via the following link and attach your CV in EC format https://chm.tbe.taleo.net/chm04/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=DAINC&cws=1&rid=3769
WE ARE ONLY ABLE TO RESPOND TO CANDIDATES WHO MEET THE SPECIFICATIONS