Climate Change Expert Cat II
- Project: Study on the EU support provided at regional and bilateral level in the field of climate change in the Neighbourhood South countries (2012-2018)
- Lot: SIEA 1
- Assignment Duration: 85 days
- Eligible Nationalities: All
- Project Reference: 2018/402684 - Version 1
- Location: All countries
- Estimated Start Date: 15th January 2019
- Application Deadline: 23/11/2018 – 12:00 UK time (noon)
Study on the EU support provided at regional and bilateral level in the field of climate change in the Neighbourhood South countries (2012-2018)
The global objective of the assignment is to assess the EU support at regional level, bilateral level and through the blending mechanism (the NIF) to the partner countries of the Neighbourhood South in the field of climate change adaptation and mitigation over the period 2012-2018, and to propose recommendations for further EU support for the forthcoming programming period 2019-2022.
In addition, experts are required to consider whether the EU in the region is on track with its objective to allocate 20% of its budget 2014-2020 to climate-related action using Rio Markers – which are part of the OECD-DAC reporting procedures - to measure progress. For the actions on climate change mitigation, GHGs emissions reduction will be calculated. An overall performance analysis will be carried out for both actions on climate change mitigation and adaptation, with particular focus on the latter.
Specific objectives and tasks
- To carry out a quality control of the application of Rio Markers to completed and ongoing regional and bilateral EU-funded projects on climate change in the Neighbourhood South countries during the 2014-2018 period.
- To assess the performance of completed and ongoing EU-funded projects contributing significantly or mainly to climate change mitigation and adaptation (with particular focus on the latter) in the Neighbourhood South countries during the 2012-2018 period, and to draw lessons for the design of future projects.
- To calculate the overall GHGs emissions reduction for actions marked as contributing significantly or mainly to climate change mitigation in the Neighbourhood South countries during the 2014-2018 period.
- To draw conclusions and formulate recommendations for the future.
Location visits: Belgium, Algeria, Egypt, Jordan, Israel, Lebanon, Morocco, Palestine and Tunisia.
Climate Change Expert Cat II
Qualifications and skills:
- At least a Master’s Degree in one or more of the following fields: environmental sciences, climate change, energy, engineering, economics, political science;
General professional experience:
- At least six (6) years of professional experience in activities related to climate change, being it on national policy/strategy design, programs/project implementation and/or programs/projects’ evaluation;
Specific professional experience:
- At least four (3) years of cumulated experience demonstrating a solid understanding of climate change stakes, challenges and development opportunities, including minimum one (1) year in the Mediterranean region;
- At least two (2) years of professional experiences in the management and/or evaluation of energy, environment or climate change programs/projects in the past 3 years, with at least one (1) year in the Mediterranean region.
- English: level C1;
- French: level C1;
- Arabic: level C1 will be consider an asset
If you meet the requirements and would be interested in this role please apply via the following link to the DAI website, including your CV in EC format
WE ARE ONLY ABLE TO RESPOND TO CANDIDATES WHO MEET THE SPECIFICATIONS