- Project: Study on agriculture based on quantitative model and quantitative & qualitative indicators
- Lot: BENEF 1
- Assignment Duration: 65 working days (over 12 months)
- Eligible Nationalities: All
- Project Reference: 2017/390222 - Version 1
- Location: Armenia (Yerevan and local provinces)
- Estimated Start Date: 22 January 2018
- Application Deadline: 14 December 2017
Study on agriculture based on quantitative model and quantitative & qualitative indicators
The global objective of the present assignment is to contribute to the development of effective policy formulation tools, based on modelling tools that can be used by the Government of Armenia GoA for development and regular updating of the policy implemented in the field of agriculture.
The specific objective of the present assignment is to develop a modelling tool for Armenia covering:
- main macro-economic data,
- demographic data,
- main agricultural markets,
- agricultural goods grown or processed in Armenia (focus on a number of products to be further defined with the EU Delegation and Ministry of Agriculture of Armenia and EU Del)
- Information on areas harvested, yields, animal numbers, production, domestic use, stocks, exports, imports as well as the associated prices,
- main characteristics of Armenia’s agricultural commodity markets,
- adjustable policy tools, including taxation, price support measures, production quota, trade protection measures, etc.
- Possibility to make projections for 15 years based on the collected baseline data.
- The contractor will propose a country market model (based on MSs and/or ENI region).
- The proposed model should be adapted to cover requirements of Armenia and to cover all main agricultural markets that will be further defined with the Ministry of Agriculture of Armenia.
- The contractor will provide and install an electronic version of the developed model in computers of institutions that will be indicated at a later stage by the Ministry of Agriculture of Armenia.
- A manual will be provided on the model and its operation/application.
- Quantitative & qualitative analysis of local agriculture policy
- Training sessions will be provided for representatives of the Government of Armenia and other stakeholders on the model and its implementation/operation.
- The model will be run by the contractor in order to obtain a 15 year projections and scenarios. Based on the provided model projections, a revision of the agriculture policy implemented by the Government of Armenia should be proposed and recommendations for the improvement of future EU support to the agricultural sector should be provided to EUD Armenia.
Expert 4 – Agricultural Economist
- Master equivalent academic qualification in agricultural economics or other disciplines related to economic development or at least 15 years of relevant professional experience (as defined below)
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and coordination skills are required
- Good knowledge of English and Armenian
Professional Experience: Professional experience in implementation of agricultural sector researches and studies, participation in technical assistance projects aimed at development of agribusiness sector, economic analysis. Experience with implementation of market outlook models would be an asset. Knowledge of the agricultural sector in Armenia would be an asset.
If you meet the requirements and would be interested in applying for this role please email your CV in EC format to firstname.lastname@example.org
WE ARE ONLY ABLE TO RESPOND TO CANDIDATES WHO MEET THE SPECIFICATIONS